Pair Alcocat with your smartphone
1. Download the Alcocat APP on the App Store or Google Play.
2. Turn on your smartphone's Bluetooth and open the app.
3. Shake the breathalyzer 3 times to switch on its white LED lights.
4. Pair the breathalyzer with your smartphone and start using it.
Breathalyzer LED light signals
Fading white light - ready to pair with smartphone
Short red light - battery is empty
Stable white light - devices are paired
How to use
1. Press the button on the app or shake the device again after the white LED lights has switched on.
2. As soon as the blue LED lights start to blink, the breathalyzerhas started to warm up.
3. While holding the breathalyzer, be sure that tiny airflow holes on the sides of the device are not covered.
4. When the blue LED lights blink rapidly, blow 5 seconds deeply from the lungs towards the breathalyzer' s hole.
5. Stable blue LED light indicates that breathalyzer is measuring BAC.
6. Blinking blue LED light after measuring process means that result of the BAC has been calculated.
7. Blinking red light means an error. Try again.
8. Measured BAC results are also indicated on the device:
green light - sober
yellow light - under 0.2‰
red light - over 0.2‰
In case your smartphone's battery is empty, you can use the breathalyzer separately. LED light colours will indicate approximate measured results. Shake the device again and follow LED light instructions as described above
To get an accurate result, wait 20 minutes after having a drink or a cigarette. If the product has not been used for 24 hours, the device may show a lower result due to dust particles. If necessary, please repeat the test.
Red LED lights on the device indicates that the breathalyzer battery is empty. Charging the battery with the wireless charger takes up to 3 hours.
1. Connect powered micro-USB cable to the charger.
2. Place the breathalyzer exactly in the center of the charger.
3. Follow the blinking light:
red light - under 20% charged
yellow light - 20%-70% charged
green light - 70%-99% charged
4. When the breathalyzer is fully charged, the green light will light 5 seconds and then turn off.
Main button and icon functions
While holding down a selected measured result, you are able to delete it
Back to main view
Favourite drink library
Drinking limit by country
Smartphone and breathalyzer are connected
Smartphone and breathalyzer are not connected
Breathalyzer battery levels:
Make a photo with a measured result and location
Share a measured result with others